5 Plumbing Tips When Building Your New Home
Updated: Apr 16, 2018
There’s a surge of new construction in the Murrieta and Temecula areas. This includes commercial and new custom residential homes. Every week we see plans for a new custom home build which is truly exciting. Often, plumbing is an afterthought when it comes to a homeowner building their dream home. Below are some things to think about when starting new construction on a custom home.
1) Choose a water heating option sufficient to get hot water to your entire house. Depending on how many bathrooms you have and how many high flow fixtures you have, a single tank water heater may not be the most efficient option.
2) Add a return line for a recirculation pump when you’re building. A recirculation pump is a fairly simple install when the home is being built but can be more complex if added after. This return line will get hot water to your furthest fixture fast. So, on those cold mornings, you won’t wait for the water to heat up in your shower.
3) Most custom home plans call for one shower head in each bathroom. Talk to the contractor before hand and ask to add an extra shower head. Again, it's an easy thing to do while the home is being constructed but if you decide to add one after the home is constructed the cost will go up significantly.
4) Something that isn’t as common in residential applications but we’ve began to see them in some areas of the valley, are grey water systems. These systems collect water from your sinks, showers and wash machines for use in watering your yards. The systems are cost effective and are environmentally friendly. A knowledgeable plumbing contractor can run dedicated drains to capture the grey water and route it to system designed for irrigation.
5) Choose a plumber that specializes in construction. Not all plumbers specialize in the same thing. Some specialize in drain cleaning and service calls, some are experts in construction. By choosing the right new construction plumber from the beginning, you will minimize those service calls over the life of the house.
If you’re looking for a plumber in the Murrieta or Temecula area for your new home build give us a call (951) 777-0880. We have years of experience building and installing plumbing solutions for a wide variety of applications and would love the opportunity to help create your dream home.